Shannon Hayes wrote in Yes Magazine:
"10 Easy Steps for Becoming a Radical Homemaker
Photo Chiot's Run
- Commit to hanging your laundry out to dry.
- Dedicate a portion of your lawn to a vegetable garden.
- Get to know your neighbors. Cooperate to save money and resources.
- Go to your local farmers' market each week before you head to the grocery store.
- Do some spring cleaning to identify everything in your home that you absolutely don't need. Donate to help others save money and resources.
- Make a commitment to start carrying your own reusable bags and use them on all your shopping trips.
- Choose one local food item to learn how to preserve for yourself for the winter. Get your family to spend more evenings at home, preferably with the TV off.
- Cook for your family.
- Focus on enjoying what you have and who are with. Stop fixating on what you think you may need, or how things could be better "if only.""